The Southern State Testing Center offers a variety of testing services for Southern State students and for the general public. We provide a secure environment for candidates to complete proctored exams.
Central Campus Testing Center
Southern State understands that employers are looking for employees who are up-to-date with current technologies. Make your personal brand stand out in a crowded job market by validating your skills—and building your confidence—with professional certifications of in-demand skills that make you marketable to employers.
We are currently offering certifications from:
Click here for more info on Testing Certificatons.
Some academic programs at Southern State require an entrance exam and the Testing Center is here to offer those needed exams to students.
Test of Essential Academic Skills™
Interested in Southern State’s Nursing, Practical Nursing or Respiratory Care programs? The online Test of Essential Academic Skills™ (TEAS) is used as an entrance exam to evaluate the applicant’s preparation for these programs. Tests are offered several times a month during the week and on weekends for your convenience. Check the Testing Schedule for available dates and times.
Contact us to schedule your exam today!
Please Note: The Testing Center reserves the right to make schedule changes. Please Contact us for the most current availability.
Contact us to schedule your certification testing today!
How early should I arrive on the day of my test?
You should plan on arriving 15 to 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. This will give you an opportunity to check-in and relax prior to beginning your test.
What happens when I arrive to take a test?
When candidates arrive for an exam, they go through a standard admissions process. They are asked to provide identification, to agree in writing to a set of exam rules and to sign a log sheet. In most cases, your photo and signature will be digitally captured as they will appear on your results report.
What ID do I need to bring to the test?
Identification requirements vary between exam sponsors, so please check with the Southern State Testing Proctor to see what your specific test requires. However, all test takers are required to provide AT LEAST one form of identification. This identification must be valid, which means it is not expired, and must be an original document (it cannot be a photocopy or a fax).
Acceptable forms of primary identification must be government-issued and not expired. It must also include the test taker’s photograph, name, address, date of birth and signature. Some examples include:
- Government Issued Driver’s License
- Government Issued Driver’s Permit
- U.S. Department of State Driver’s License
- Government Issued National/State/Country Identification Card
- Military Identification Card
- Alien Registration Card (Green Card, Permanent Resident Visa)
Please arrive promptly at your appointment time and be sure to sign-in. If you need to look over your notes, this must be done before you arrive. You must begin your test within 15 minutes of the scheduled time.
Testers must understand and adhere to the following policies and procedures:
- Identification is required for testing (identification must be valid, which means it is not expired and must be an original document [it cannot be a photocopy or a fax]).
- Phones must be set on vibrate, silent or turned off.
- No personal belongings may be taken into the Testing Room (including cell phones, PDA’s, pagers, iPods, calculators, books, notes, book bags, purses, wallets, coats, etc.).
- A locker will be provided for you in the hallway outside of the Testing Room.
- No leaving the room without authorization while testing.
- Exams and all test materials/tools must be returned to the Testing Center Procter.
- No food or drink is permitted inside the Testing Room.
- No children are permitted inside the Testing Room.
- No talking during testing.
Please note: If you cannot keep a testing appointment, the Testing Center must be notified as soon as possible. If you fail to notify the Testing Center, the Testing Center reserves the right to request that candidates make alternate arrangements to test at another testing center.
*Exceptions to these policies will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Please complete and submit this form or contact the Testing Center Proctor, Lisa Tilton, to schedule a test or if you have any questions.