- Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to clean and sanitize surfaces and equipment in their own work space, classroom, or lab, as appropriate, throughout the day.
- Shared tools and equipment should be sanitized by the user before and after each use with supplied disinfectant and paper towels, or with Vray high intensity portable UV-C Sanitizers for computer equipment.
- Cleaning of Common Areas will be assigned to contract cleaning services with the use of electrostatic disinfectant sprayers.
- Cleaning of Classrooms
- Between classes - schedules for classes will be provided to contract cleaning services who will be responsible for disinfection of hard surfaces with the use of electrostatic sprayers between classes.
- During class rotations - students and faculty will be required to use provided disinfectant spray and paper towels to clean hard surfaces.
- Protocols for deep cleaning will be followed should someone in the campus community test positive for COVID-19.
- In areas outside of classrooms where close interaction between individuals may occur, the use of shielding (such as Plexiglas) is in place to protect faculty, staff and students.
- If unvaccinated and facial coverings are an impediment to academic content delivery, consider the use of clear facial shields or other physical barriers (such as Plexiglas).
- Social / physical distancing - Maximum occupancy rates for each classroom have been re-established to current fire code. SSCC strongly encourages following the masking as set for vaccination status guidelines.
- When students and staff are in proximity (less than 6 feet):
- the proper use of face coverings is encouraged and especially important for the unvaccinated person, as is
- frequent handwashing and wearing gloves when it is necessary to work on equipment together, and
- the avoidance of touching the face.
- Clean High Touch Surfaces - Sanitize high touch areas of work stations (door knobs, faucet handles, keyboards, computer mice, seat tops, etc.) between each class utilizing appropriate disinfectant, electrostatic sprayers, or UV-C sanitizer devices.
- Assigned Seats - Assigned seats will be established and recorded by faculty in all classroom settings. This is a key part of allowing the health department to limit the number of people placed in quarantine should a case occur.
General Office Environments
- For employees, working remotely from home will be a considered option for all who can effectively carry out their duties from home as determined by their supervisor in consultation with Human Resources to meet departmental needs.
- Rotating work schedules and staggering hours of operation continue to be a consideration to decrease concurrent on-campus presence.
- Sign-In - All campus visitors must sign-in and out at the information desk in the main lobby. Health Ambassador stations are equipped on all campuses with masks, hand sanitizers, and other supplies as needed.
Students, faculty or staff who are posing a threat to the health and safety of others on campus by flagrantly ignoring the COVID-19 Recovery Guidelines are subject to the consequences as outlined in their respective rules, regulations, and codes of conduct.