Campuses are open 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday. Fayette Campus will remain closed on Fridays.
Southern State Community College requires all employees, students, and visitors to properly wear a mask while inside one of our buildings regardless of vaccination status. You are not required to wear a mask if you are working in an office by yourself, when presenting, when eating or drinking, or have a medically qualified mask exemption on file. Of course each additional precaution of hand-washing, maintaining safe physical distancing, and staying home when ill remain extremely important. For more information view the SSCC COVID-19 Transitional Recovery Plan
The decision to revise the campus mask policy is based on compliance with the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This guidance recommends that people in counties experiencing substantial or high transmission rates, along with low vaccination rates, mask while indoors regardless of vaccination status. Because the Delta variant can be transmitted by fully vaccinated people to others, masking adds another layer of protection for employees, students, and visitors. We will closely monitor our counties' transmission and vaccination rates. As those rates improve, along with improving vaccination rates among our general public, we hope to be able to once again revert to that maskless environment we all enjoyed.
When combined with masking, the vaccine remains the most effective tool to prevent the spread of COVID-19. If you have not yet been vaccinated, we strongly encourage you to do so. It is widely available now.
- Masking is still mandated, regardless of vaccination status, to be on campus in person.
- Test kits, for those that are symptomatic or exposed and asymptomatic, are available at all campus libraries or can be scheduled at HDH Occupational Health by calling (937) 393-6398 and alert them that you are a SSCC student.
- If you are sick, please do not come to campus, seek medical attention as needed.
- If you are currently in quarantine or isolation, follow these new guidelines and communicate with your instructors to discuss your return day and accommodations for missed assignments.
- Information for Students
- HEERF III / ARP Student Aid Funds
- General Information about Classes
- Information for Employees
- Information for Faculty
- Campus Information and Events
Additional SSCC Information
- COVID-19 Transitional Recovery Plan
- Response Procedure
- Expected Behavior on Campus
- General Guidelines for Environmental Safety
- Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Safety in the Workplace
- CARES Act Reporting