MyEconnect is the online Human Resources Information System (HRIS) for all employees that integrates human resources, benefits and payroll operations.
The new system provides a central location to its users to access payroll, manage teams, update personnel information, post jobs, and hire employees.
Additionally, the system will streamline the hiring process, as well as administering benefits and paying employees, by integrating them into one system.
Key benefits for Southern State include consistent processes and roles, the ability to leverage training and resources, reduction in duplicate entry, and improved access and security.
- Allows employees to manage their personal information directly via the employee self-service portal
- Align with the new Adjunct pay structure to allow for improved recruiting, hiring and retention of Adjunct employees
- Elimination of manual paperwork, changes will be made in real time
- W2s will be available electronically, eliminating the need to wait for them to be mailed
- Changes to marital status
- Benefit enrollment
Another great benefit is that this new software will allow for us to better track the working hours of part-time employees, thus opening up the opportunity for us to utilize part-time employees more efficiently and allowing them to work in multiple positions. This will allow them to maximize their earning potential, as well as helping us fill areas that are short-handed with the resources and employees we already have.
- MyEconnect improves payroll processing efficiency and provides employees and supervisors with up-to-date information about hours worked and available leave balances. Employees will no longer need to fax, email or hand-deliver time cards. Instead, a user-friendly online system is what most will use.
Why the change?
As the higher education industry changes and steps are taken to stay competitive, it's important that we have systems and processes in place, to ensure our employees are taken care of. MyEconnect brings together various processes, to make your life easier, and ensure you get paid correctly & on time.
Download the DayForce HCM app from the App Store or Google Play.
Click below to access instructional videos on some of the key features offered by MyEconnect, powered by dayforce.
Log into MyEconnect from the Faculty & Staff page and enter the following information:
- Company: SSCC
- User Name: SSCC Username – Example: bsmith or bsmith3
- Password: SScc(Last4ofSSN) – Example: SScc1234
You can use the "Can't access your account?" feature on the login page or contact the HR Department at extension 2560 or 2565.
For those of you who have logged-in on the test site and changed your password, you should be able to use your changed password to login. However, if it does not work, first try your SScc(last4ofSSN) as it might not have captured your new password. If that does not work, please contact the HR department to assist you.
Additional information will be posted on this page, contact the Human Resources Department if you have specific questions.
From the MyEconnect Home screen, navigate to Earnings from the navigation on the left and select the pay period you want to view.
From the MyEconnect Home screen, navigate to Work, and Time Away List from the navigation panel on the left. Click Balances to view your available balances, and click Request New Time Off to submit a new request. Your request will be pending manager approval.
From the Home screen, click the Profile & Settings link located under you name and job title. From here you can edit your information on the Profile screen, or submit a form on the Forms screen.
Please Note: To access DayForce HCM, please use Internet Explorer or FireFox. Other browsers, such as Chrome, are not supported and functionality will be limited. If you experience technical difficulties related to the browser or Microsoft Silverlight, please call the IT Helpdesk at x2800.