Additional Retirement Options
Alternative Retirement Plan (ARP)
Southern State's Approved Alternative Retirement Plan (ARP) provider is Voya Financial.
For more information, visit:
For Social Security information on applying for benefits, qualifying for benefits, estimating future benefits or changing personal information, visit:
You can also estimate your retirement benefits through the Retirement Estimator service provided by U.S. Social Security Administration.
Supplemental Retirement Savings Plans
403(b) Supplemental Retirement Plan
- 403(b) FAQs
- Find answers to frequently asked questions regarding the 403(b) plan.
- 403(b) Salary Reduction Agreement
- Use this form to declare a monthly 403(b) contribution.
- Approved 403(b) Providers
- A list of 403(b) providers that Southern State approves.
457 Supplemental Retirement Plan
- Ohio Deferred Compensation Summary
- Learn more about Ohio Deferred Compensation.
- Ohio Deferred Compensation Enrollment Form
- Use this form to enroll in the Ohio Deferred Compensation program.
- Ohio Deferred Compensation Site
- Visit the Ohio Deferred Compensation site to find more information.
Tools & Calculators
- How much money will I need in retirement?
- Set your retirement savings goals with the help of the Interactive Retirement Planner, which takes into account your retirement savings, pension and Social Security income.
Launch Interactive Retirement Planner
- How much money will I need to cover retirement health care costs?
- Use the My Health Care Estimator® to figure out your potential retirement health care expenses.
- How do I know what my investment style is?
- Answer four important questions in the Asset Allocation Tool to learn about your risk tolerance to develop an investment style.
- Can my budget afford a payroll deduction?
- See how increasing your contributions into your Plan account will affect your take-home pay by using the Paycheck Impact Calculator.
- How long will money last in retirement?
- Examine various scenarios for taking payouts with either a fixed-period or fixed-amount method with the help of the Payout Illustrator tool.
- Can I afford to send my kids to college, too?
- Find the right balance between saving for your retirement and your children's college tuition with the College Savings Calculator, which will help you see how much you may need to save each month.
- Am I contributing enough?
- Enter your numbers into the Future Value Calculator to see how retirement savings may grow over time.
- Retirement Plan Comparison
- View a chart that compares the features of a 403(b) Plan and a 457 Plan.