Alternative Retirement Plan (ARP)
Southern State’s Approved Alternative Retirement Plan (ARP) provider is Voya Financial.
For more information, visit:
For Social Security information on applying for benefits, qualifying for benefits, estimating future benefits or changing personal information, visit:
You can also estimate your retirement benefits through the Retirement Estimator service provided by U.S. Social Security Administration.
Supplemental Retirement Savings Plans
403(b) Supplemental Retirement Plan
- Find answers to frequently asked questions regarding the 403(b) plan.
- Use this form to declare a monthly 403(b) contribution.
- A list of 403(b) providers that Southern State approves.
457 Supplemental Retirement Plan
- Learn more about Ohio Deferred Compensation.
- Use this form to enroll in the Ohio Deferred Compensation program.
- Visit the Ohio Deferred Compensation site to find more information.
Tools & Calculators
- Set your retirement savings goals with the help of the Interactive Retirement PlannerSM, which takes into account your retirement savings, pension and Social Security income.
Launch Interactive Retirement Planner
- Use the My Health Care Estimator® to figure out your potential retirement health care expenses.
Launch My Health Care Estimator ®
- Answer four important questions in the Asset Allocation Tool to learn about your risk tolerance to develop an investment style.
Launch Asset Allocation Tool
- See how increasing your contributions into your Plan account will affect your take-home pay by using the Paycheck Impact Calculator.
Launch Paycheck Impact Calculator
- Examine various scenarios for taking payouts with either a fixed-period or fixed-amount method with the help of the Payout Illustrator tool.
Launch Payout Illustrator
- Find the right balance between saving for your retirement and your children’s college tuition with the College Savings Calculator, which will help you see how much you may need to save each month.
Launch College Savings Calculator
- Enter your numbers into the Future Value Calculator to see how retirement savings may grow over time.
Launch Future Value Calculator
- View a chart that compares the features of a 403(b) Plan and a 457 Plan.