Email Departments MySSCC Patriot Link

Southern State Community College

Information for Students

Regardless of the challenges we are all facing, Southern State is committed to fulfilling our mission and serving you in the best way possible. The obstacles are many and thankfully, you have chosen an education partner that is resourceful. We have essentially moved the entire operation of the college to a remote service and learning environment. Notice, we didn't say, "online?" While some services and instruction is occurring virtually, we have also beefed up efforts to provide service via video conferencing, phone, and any other means we could find to stay connected.

Above all, we want to remind you that your health and well-being is most important to us. Please take the time to read the various health announcement regarding COVID-19. We thank you for your patience as we recognize that new delivery models, amidst all the challenges you may be facing in your personal life, make this a really tough situation. Again, we are doing everything possible to keep services and instruction uninterrupted and keep your learning on track, but we know you have questions. Here are some that others have asked:

Are services such as Admissions, Financial Aid, Advising, Tutoring, Counseling, Disabilities, and Registration available?

These services can be accessed by telephone, email, or Zoom (virtual meeting). Appointments can be requested by telephone or email or scheduled in real time using the NAVIGATE app. If you are not yet using the NAVIGATE app, please use the link below to download. The app is available on both Iphone and Android devices.

  Name Email Phone
Disabilities Molly Clevenger ext 2604
Tutoring Jackie Potts ext 2882
Registration Fran Roberts ext 2613
Financial Aid Cindy Bloom ext 2610
Admissions Lauri Bolitho ext 2607
Advising Misi Griffith ext 2825
Counseling Tom Payton ext 2713
Business Office Jeanna Morgan ext 2652

How can I make a payment?

There are three ways you can make a payment:

  • How to make a payment using the web.
    Go to: > My Records> Login> Account Information> My Balances By Semester> Make a Payment
  • How to make a payment using the automated Pay By Phone line:
    You will need to know your student ID number and the amount you want to pay.
    Call 1-800-628-7722.
    Press # to Make a Payment and follow the prompts.
  • Address to Mail a payment.
    Southern State Community College
    PO Box 880
    Hillsboro, Ohio 45133

Are there any implications to my financial aid because of COVID-19?

As long as you remain in your course, your financial aid should be uninterrupted. However, the financial aid department has established virtual solutions to continue meeting your needs and answering your questions. Emails are easiest for our team to address, but if you would like to call, you are welcome to do so. Financial Aid Questions: or call 937-393-3431 ext. 2610

Can I still register for Summer and Fall Classes?

We are looking forward to reserving your space in classes for the next term and we are so glad you will be back. Hopefully for us all, the craziness will have subsided. As a current student, you are able to register online through the MySSCC/MyRecords portal when the appropriate registration period opens. The Advising Center Staff is working remotely and ready to assist you through your registration planning and process. You can reach them through their email or NAVIGATE, through, or calling the Advising Center (ext. 2825).

Are you still accepting admissions applications at this time?

Absolutely, and invite your friends to complete one too! Complete yours today by visiting

Will placement testing still be offered?

Placement assessments are on hold for a bit. We hope the distancing provisions around COVID-19 will be dropped as soon as possible and when they are, you will be the first to know. We are currently not registering students for placement assessments, but you can complete the Future Placement Assessments form and we will contact you to schedule testing as soon as the provisions have been dropped. To schedule an appointment with an Academic/Career Advisor to register for an upcoming semester please email or contact the Advising Center at 937-393-3431, ext. 2825.

How can I get my high school or college transcript delivered to the Admission's Office?

The good news is, the USPS hasn't stopped yet. And, we gladly accept copies via email. Whatever is easiest for you, here's our contact information. Email transcripts to or mail to Attn: Admissions Office, 100 Hobart Dr., Hillsboro, OH 45133. If you have any questions about admissions or the status of your application please contact Lauri Bolitho, Admissions Assistant, at 937-393-3431, ext. 2607 or email