Access To Navigate
Navigate is now available to all Southern State Students.
Having problems with Navigate? Email StudentSuccess@sscc.edu.
Accessing Navigate With Your Student Email
New to Southern State? You'll be accessing Navigate using your Student Email Address, which was delivered to you in your acceptance letter.
iOS Devices: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Android Devices: Requires Android 4.1 and up.
Scheduling Advising Appointments in Navigate
- Step 1: Launch the Navigate Student app on your mobile device:
- Don't have the app? Download it now on the App Store or Google Play
- Step 2: Select the Appointments Icon: , then click 'Schedule an Appointment' at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 3: Select 'Advising' as the Reason for your appointment, then select 'Answer Next Question.' On this screen, select a service for your advising appointment, then select 'Done for Reason.' On the next screen select 'Continue to Next Step.'
- Step 4: Select your desired campus location, then select 'Answer Next Question.' On this screen select your advisor, then click 'Done for Location and Staff.'
- Step 5: Select the date and time you wish to schedule your appointment, then click 'Continue to Next Step.'
- Step 6: On the confirmation, leave a comment for the advisor if you have specific topics you wish to discuss. You can also select to receive email or text message reminders. Make sure to enter your cellphone number to receive text messages.
- Step 7: Select 'Confirm Appointment'. The system will tell you that your appointment has been scheduled, and you will now be able to view your scheduled appointment on the My Appointments screen.
Help, I can't log in to Navigate!
Can you get to the SSCC sign-on page? If yes and your credentials are rejected, there is an issue with your username or password. Contact TechSupport via phone or email.
If you successfully enter your credentials on the sign-on page, but Navigate says "Uh-oh..." or "Something went wrong," EAB must not have your username in their system. Contact StudentSuccess@sscc.edu with your full name, email address, and a description of the problem.
The Steps I'm seeing don't look right to me...
Go to the Me tab, under your name there's a link to "Update year and term."
What do I do if my app is frozen or acting weird?
Try a hard close and relaunch the app. For iOS, double click the Home button then swipe the app preview away to "hard close." On Android, open the app manager view and slide the app preview away to "hard close."
What does it mean if a Step is an "autocomplete task"?
Some important steps in Navigate can be automatically marked as complete based on an official record stored in MyRecords. You can mark these steps complete, but they will remain in the Path until there is an official record of this step being complete in MyRecords.
I just resolved a Hold, why is it still showing up?
Holds are updated every 24 hours in Navigate, so check back tomorrow to see if it's successfully been resolved. If the issue persists, contact StudentSuccess@sscc.edu.
How do I change my notification settings?
In the More tab, there's a link called Notification Settings where you can personalize your notification preferences.
Something is wrong with "My Class Schedule."
Course schedules are updated every 24 hours in Navigate, so check back tomorrow if you added or dropped a course that's not appearing correctly. Contact StudentSuccess@sscc.edu for other problems.
My major isn't appearing...
Be sure your major has been declared on your official record. Majors are updated every 24 hours in Navigate, so allow a day if your major was just declared. Contact StudentSuccess@sscc.edu for other problems.
How Much Do I Have to Pay for It?
Zero, nada, zilch. It costs nothing for you to download Navigate or use the desktop version! However, that doesn't mean that your friends at other schools can download it too - we specially partnered with Navigate to customize it for your Southern State experience.