What better way to get acquainted with Southern State than attending New Student Orientation? During orientation, incoming students will receive an overview of college services, meet with an advisor and register for classes.
First-time college students are required to take the Placement Assessment prior to attending an orientation session. Transfer students may be excused from taking the assessment based on previous English and math credit earned.
If you are a first-time entering freshman, you’ll receive a letter containing dates and information about participating in an orientation session. Contact the Office of Admission for more information.
- Central Campus — Thursday, August 20th @ 12:30pm–3:30pm (Hillsboro)
Last Call Orientation!
- * You must have already registered for classes to attend New Student Orientation.
- * Please arrive 10 to 15 minutes early for your sessions.
- * You will need your photo ID to check in at orientation and to have your student ID made.
- * You must stay for the entire session.