Visit our COVID-19 Mental Health & Wellbeing webpage for helpful resources, recommendations, guidelines, and tips.
The Counseling Services department provides confidential and free support for Southern State students experiencing a wide variety of problems including stress, anxiety, depression, suicide, relationship problems, and many more. Appointments are available at all locations.
- Tom Payton
- Coordinator, Career & Counseling Services
- 800.628.7722 x2713 (Office)
- 740.505.1123 (Cell)
Flexible times available upon request. Counseling hours available via appointment. Contact any Campus Location to schedule your appointment.
Confidential appointments can be obtained by calling ext. 2825.
How We Can Help
We are here to help you when life becomes overwhelming. Personal counseling is free and confidential to actively enrolled students and their family members for problems such as stress, grief and loss, adjustment to life change, job loss and other concerns. We also offer the Ohio Benefits Bank Services.
- "I am responsible at this moment, not for past failures, but for my current choices and my current direction and I can change."
- -Robert Wubbolding, Ed. D.
- Reality Therapy for the 21st Century
Southern State provides one-on-one counseling services to its students and family members. These services are completely free, are available at all campuses and include:
- Counseling for adjustment to life changes
- Couples counseling
- Family therapy
- Individual therapy
- Job loss
- Life transitions
- Stress management skills training
- Time management skills training
Contact Tom Payton to schedule an appointment.