Counseling Resources links Southern State students experiencing stress, anxiety, depression, suicide, relationship problems, or other mental health needs with information and contacts to local professional counselors.
- "I am responsible at this moment, not for past failures, but for my current choices and my current direction and I can change"
- -Robert Wubbolding, Ed. D.
Mental Health Resources
- IMPACT Student Life Assistance
- Immediate virtual help for support and referral to local mental health professionals.
- COVID-19 Mental Health & Wellbeing
- To view all the available resources for Maintaining Mental Health During The COVID-19 Pandemic offered by Southern State visit the COVID-19 Mental Health & Wellbeing webpage.
- Suicide Prevention
- To view all the available resources for Suicide Prevention offered by Southern State visit the Suicide Prevention webpage.
- Crisis Text Line
- Crisis Text Line is free, 24/7 support for those in crisis. Text 741741 from anywhere in the USA to text with a trained Crisis Counselor. For more information view the Crisis Text Line Fact Sheet.
- JED Foundation
- JED is a nonprofit that exists to protect emotional health and prevent suicide for our nation's teens and young adults. We're partnering with high schools and colleges to strengthen their mental health, substance abuse and suicide prevention programs and systems. We're equipping teens and young adults with the skills and knowledge to help themselves and each other. We're encouraging community awareness, understanding and action for young adult mental health.
- Depression & Anxiety
- To view all the available resources for Depression & Anxiety offered by Southern State visit the Depression & Anxiety webpage.
- Addiction & Recovery
- To view all the available resources for Addiction & Recovery offered by Southern State visit the Addiction & Recovery webpage.
- Relationships & Sexual Assault
- To view all the available resources for Relationships & Sexual Assault offered by Southern State visit the Relationships & Sexual Assault webpage.
- Contact Peggy Chalker ext 2825, for more resources.
- Self-Compassion Test
- A healthier way of relating to yourself — take this simple test and see how.