The Counseling Services department coordinates career development for Southern State. We offer students and alumni assistance in clarifying career goals, exploring educational options and acquiring job search skills.
Flexible times available upon request. Counseling hours available via appointment. Contact any Campus Location to schedule your appointment.
Office Hours & Locations
- Central Campus
- Student Services Office
- 8:00am – 12:00pm (Monday)
- 8:00am – 5:00pm (Wednesday & Friday)
- Fayette Campus
- Faculty Offices – Room 103
- 8:00am – 5:00pm (Monday)
- North Campus
- Room 316A
- 8:00am – 5:00pm (Thursday)
- Brown County Campus
- Director’s Office
- 1:00pm – 5:00pm (Tuesday)
How We Can Help
We are here to help you when life becomes overwhelming. Personal counseling is free and confidential to actively enrolled students and their family members for problems such as stress, grief and loss, adjustment to life change, job loss and other concerns. We also offer the Ohio Benefits Bank Services.
- "I am responsible at this moment, not for past failures, but for my current choices and my current direction and I can change."
- -Robert Wubbolding, Ed. D.
- Reality Therapy for the 21st Century
Southern State provides one-on-one counseling services to its students and family members. These services are completely free, are available at all campuses and include:
- Counseling for adjustment to life changes
- Couples counseling
- Family therapy
- Individual therapy
- Job loss
- Life transitions
- Stress management skills training
- Time management skills training
Contact Tom Payton to schedule an appointment.