- Summer books: Students can currently purchase summer textbooks by ordering online. Here are a few things to remember when placing a textbook order:
- Textbook orders can be applied to the student's financial aid account online just as it would be in the store.
- Textbook orders over $65 are eligible for free standard shipping.
- Textbook orders less than $65 will be charged $7.50 for standard shipping.
- Students who are unable to order their textbooks online can use the curbside pickup service. This service is by appointment only at the Hillsboro Campus. Students MUST email the bookstore to set up a pickup time for their required items at email@example.com. The email request must include their schedule of classes. Students enrolled in CCP (and using a school voucher) would need to email the voucher information with the pickup request. Once the information is received, we will send an email back to the student letting them know when they can pick up their items. Upon arrival at the campus, students need to call us at (937) 393-3431, Ext. 2698. All SSCC staff will be wearing gloves and masks while providing this service.
- This message is for students who purchased summer books and no longer need the book. The Hillsboro Campus bookstore will be accepting returns Tuesday June 9th & Thursday June 11th from 9-4pm. Student will need to take the driveway to the left of the building and follow around to the back of the building stopping at the brown overhead door, there will be a sign posted. Please call the bookstore upon arrival at 937-393-3431 ext. 2698 and we will meet you at your car and retrieve the item. Books must be in the original purchase condition and please have the paperwork that came in the box with the textbook. Employees will be wearing mask and gloves while providing this service.
- Rentals: An email that includes a return label has been sent to the email address you used to set up your rental account.
- For students that still need to return Spring rental titles, you may use the dates listed above to return your rental titles. Please follow the directions above.
- Selling books back: Textbooks can be sold at valorebooks.com.
- Caps & Gowns: For students who confirmed the placement of their order with the Hillsboro Campus Bookstore your order has arrived. Students who did not have the cost of their order applied to their spring financial aid will need to bring cash to pay for their cap and gown. This is due to the fact that students cannot enter the building to access the credit card machine. You may pick up your order Tuesday June 9th & Thursday June 11th from 9am-4pm please take the driveway to the left of the building and follow it around to the sign for curbside pick up. Call the bookstore at 937-393-3431 ext 2698 to let us know you are here and someone will meet you at your car, the employee will be wearing a mask and gloves. If you have any questions please contact the bookstore firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prices with tax are as follows:
Cap, Gown, & Tassel $38.61
Cap only $9.65
Tassel only $6.44
Visit the Central Campus Online Bookstore
- 800.628.7722 x2698
- 100 Hobart Drive
- Hillsboro, OH 45133
- Regular Hours
- Monday–Friday — 9am to 4pm
- Extended Hours
- Please call the Bookstore the first week of classes for specific hours
Here you will find information and resources regarding textbooks in the bookstore.
- The Bookstore accepts the following forms of payment: cash, check (with a valid Driver’s license), Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and Financial Aid.
- When purchasing textbooks, all students must present a copy of their class schedule to verify enrollment along with a valid photo ID.
- Bookstore charges for all forms of Financial Aid will only be accepted for the first three weeks of each semester.
- All returns must be in original condition and must be accompanied by the original receipt.
- Textbooks purchased prior to the second Friday of the semester must be returned to the bookstore in original purchase condition along with the receipt by the second Friday of the semester.
- Textbooks purchased after the second Friday but prior to the last week of the semester (not finals week) must be returned to the bookstore in original purchase condition along with the receipt within 7 days of purchase.
- Textbooks purchased the last week of the semester or finals week cannot be returned.
- Supplies maybe returned in original condition along with a receipt within 30 days of purchase.
- Clothes maybe returned in original condition with tags still attached along with receipt within 30 days of purchase.
- Clearance and Computer sales are final no returns or exchanges.
Here you will find information on the computer hardware and software for sale in the bookstore.
Laptops for Sale
Laptops are available for sale in the Bookstore, limit of one per student on financial aid per academic year. To charge an electronic device to financial aid an approved Bookstore Voucher must be obtained from the Financial Aid Office. Also you can view the Bookstore's Technology Partner Sites online which provide discounted prices for college students.
Visit the Online Bookstore's Technology page to view the available technology and software.
With Office 365, SSCC students have access to download & install Microsoft Office 365 "full version" suite on up to five devices by following the Install free Microsoft Office 365 Software instruction.
Cap, gown and tassels for graduation can be ordered at any SSCC Bookstore. Orders must be placed no later than January 30, 2020 to be applied to financial aid. All orders need to be placed no later than March 5, 2020. No money will be taken at the time of order.
- Cap, Gown & Tassel ~ $40
The Student Textbook Exchange allows students to buy and sell used textbooks with other Southern State students.
Note: Southern State is not responsible for any transactions that occur via the Student Textbook Exchange.