Textbooks, supplies, clothing, and fan gear can be purchased at the bookstore located at Southern State's Central Campus.
Summer Textbook Rentals are due back to the Hillsboro Bookstore by August 3rd.
- Student charge accounts Financial Aid, VA, CCP & all other such accounts will open August 3rd and close September 9th for the Fall Semester.
- To locate the titles required for your course please use the drop down menu that appears when you select Find Course materials on the Online Bookstore website, and insert the required information.
- Please pay attention to the listing of the titles; some are choice, required or optional.
- Follett Access courses do not require a textbook to be ordered; these digital books are placed into Canvas for you, provided you don't opt out of the program. If you do opt out you can opt back in, this digital book is the cheapest option for these course as it provides all of the items needed for the course. Some courses have an optional loose leaf print book but it doesn't include the online portion for assignments these are listed on the website as Suggested by Your Bookstore.
- Some courses may use a title that is rental-only. Some of these rental-only titles offer students that would like a print copy of the book but don't want to rent it a loose-leaf option. Please select the Revel Combo code option if available. A cardboard code will be provided to you by the bookstore; you will then need to register this code with the publisher and follow the directions for the publisher to ship you the loose-leaf copy of the book.
- Cengage Unlimited is a digital book option that provides access to all Cengage digital titles. This option only needs to be purchased once and you will have access to all of the titles you need where this is listed as an option.
- Payment options include Credit Card and Student Accounts, to apply a charge to any student account please select financial aid scholarship. Shipping charges may not be covered by all student accounts, in which case the student is responsible for the shipping charges. Please use your SSCC email address to avoid issues with any digital items you may have purchased.
- For any questions not covered here please email or call the bookstore at 800.628.7722 x2698.
You can order your textbooks from the Online Bookstore, and pick them up at the Central Campus Bookstore in Hillsboro.
- 800.628.7722 x2698
- 100 Hobart Drive
- Hillsboro, OH 45133
Hours of Operation
|Monday||9:00am - 4:00pm|
|Tuesday||9:00am - 4:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 4:00pm|
|Thursday||9:00am - 4:00pm|
Here you will find information and resources regarding textbooks in the bookstore.
- The Bookstore accepts the following forms of payment: cash, check (with a valid Driver’s license), Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and Financial Aid.
- When purchasing textbooks, all students must present a copy of their class schedule to verify enrollment along with a valid photo ID.
- Bookstore charges for all forms of Financial Aid will only be accepted for the first three weeks of each semester.
- All returns must be in original condition and must be accompanied by the original receipt.
- Textbooks purchased prior to the second Friday of the semester must be returned to the bookstore in original purchase condition along with the receipt by the second Friday of the semester.
- Textbooks purchased after the second Friday but prior to the last week of the semester (not finals week) must be returned to the bookstore in original purchase condition along with the receipt within 7 days of purchase.
- Textbooks purchased the last week of the semester or finals week cannot be returned.
- Supplies maybe returned in original condition along with a receipt within 30 days of purchase.
- Clothes maybe returned in original condition with tags still attached along with receipt within 30 days of purchase.
- Clearance and Computer sales are final no returns or exchanges.
Here you will find information on the computer hardware and software for sale in the bookstore.
Laptops for Sale
Laptops are available for sale in the Bookstore, limit of one per student on financial aid per academic year. To charge an electronic device to financial aid an approved Bookstore Voucher must be obtained from the Financial Aid Office. Also you can view the Bookstore's Technology Partner Sites online which provide discounted prices for college students.
Visit the Online Bookstore's Technology page to view the available technology and software.
With Office 365, SSCC students have access to download & install Microsoft Office 365 "full version" suite on up to five devices by following the Install free Microsoft Office 365 Software instruction.
Cap, gown and tassels for graduation can be ordered at any SSCC Bookstore. Orders must be placed no later than January 27, 2022 to be applied to financial aid. All orders need to be placed no later than March 3, 2022. No money will be taken at the time of order. All orders need to be picked up from the bookstore no later than April 28, 2022.
- Cap, Gown & Tassel ~ $40
The Student Textbook Exchange allows students to buy and sell used textbooks with other Southern State students.
Note: Southern State is not responsible for any transactions that occur via the Student Textbook Exchange.