Southern State is working on starting a student veteran organization and we want to know if you are a service member or veteran. Please help us gather more information by sending your name, if you are a service member (active, guard or reserve), veteran, receiving benefits, discharge status and what campus you prefer to attend to our Service Member/Veteran Liaison, Bob Hixson, at email@example.com.
Step 1 – Apply for GI Bill Benefits Online
For veterans or dependents using education benefits for the first time, apply online at:
Step 2 – Contact our Service Member/Veteran Liaison
Contact Southern State’s Service Member/Veteran Liaison, Bob Hixson, at 800.628.7722 x2845, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Certifying Office at 800.628.7722 x2616 to complete the following form:
The Veteran Liaison will also be able to help veterans and dependents who have previously used their benefits and are either transferring to Southern State or changing their program.
- Southern State Community College Veterans and Service Member Policy
- Career Services
- Educational Benefits For Military - SALT Community
- Ohio Department of Veterans Services
- Ohio GI Promise
- Student Veterans of America
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Student Handouts, Brochures, Regulations and Benefit Comparison Tools
For service member/veteran support, please contact Bob Hixson at email@example.com or at 937.393.3431 x2845.