The Center for Excellence in Teaching and LearningInstructional Technology's Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning

The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning

State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)

NC-SARA Participating InstitutionSouthern State Community College offers courses, associate degrees, and certificate programs that may lead to professional licensure and/or certification. Successful completion of the programs listed below may potentially lead to professional licensure, registration, or certification. Licensure, registration, or certification may be global, national, or state-specific. The following programs meet the requirements for the State of Ohio. Requirements for other states may vary. If you currently live in a state other than Ohio or intend to move to a state other than Ohio and use the education completed at Southern State Community College to sit for such an exam, be aware there may be additional requirements. If you are planning to seek professional licensure or certification outside Ohio, it is important that you contact the Southern State personnel with direct oversight of the academic program you are interested in for the licensure and certification requirements.

For these purposes, states include the District of Columbia and the US protectorates, as defined in 34 CFR ยง600.2. Southern State makes every effort to ensure information about educational requirements for licensure or certification is current; however, state requirements may change. Separate from educational requirements, state licensure boards may require applicants to complete professional examinations, background checks, years of professional experience, specialized exams, training, etc.

Out-of-State Academic Student Complaint Procedure

Out-of-state students taking online classes at Southern State Community College should attempt to resolve any issues or complaints with the College first. If an issue cannot be resolved internally after following the College's student complaint - academic procedure, you may file a complaint about Southern State College with The Ohio Department of Higher Education.

The Ohio Department of Education (ODHE) is responsible for responding to formal complaints against public, independent non-profit, and proprietary institutions of higher education in Ohio. While the ODHE has limited authority over colleges and universities and cannot offer legal advice or initiate civil court cases, the Chancellor's staff will review submitted complaints and work with student complainants and institutions.

Ohio Department of Higher Education | 614.728.3095

ODHE Student Complaint Information