There’s always something exciting to announce at Southern State—cool upcoming events, new academic programs, celebrations of student success. Check out our press releases to local media and keep your thumb on Southern State’s pulse!
Check out the Archive for press releases from previous years.
Search SSCC Press Releases:
- SSCC Theatre presents ‘Waiting for Godot’ April 7-9
- SSCC Theatre will present Samuel Beckett’s “Waiting for Godot” on April 7 and 8 (at 7:30 p.m.) and April 9 (at 3:30 p.m.) in the Edward K. Daniels Auditorium on Southern State Community College’s Central Campus.
- SSCC Board of Trustees to meet March 29 and 30
- The Southern State Community College Board of Trustees will meet beginning 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 29, and reconvening 9 a.m. Thursday, March 30, in the large conference room at the Ohio Association of Community Colleges.
- College Credit Plus process for 2017-18 now underway
- Students intending to participate in College Credit Plus (CCP), the program that provides Ohio students with the opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school, can now begin the notification process for the 2017-18 school year.
- SSCC hosting Open Houses for GED sites
- Interested in earning a GED? Southern State Community College is planning informational Open House events at its GED prep site locations throughout February and March.
- Lynn Stevens sworn in as Southern State trustee
- At the Jan. 25 meeting of the Southern State Community College Board of Trustees, Fayette County Probate Court Judge David B. Bender presided over the swearing in of Lynn S. Stevens of Highland County whose appointment will continue through May 11, 2022.
- Southern State announces new GED site in Manchester
- Southern State Community College announces the opening of a new GED preparation site in Manchester. In February, the college’s Adult Opportunity Center will begin offering its GED prep classes from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at Manchester Education and Activity Center.
To view press releases before June 2012 or if you have any questions, please contact the Director of Public Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.