There’s always something exciting to announce at Southern State – cool upcoming events, new academic programs, celebrations of student success. Check out our press releases to local media and keep your thumb on Southern State’s pulse!
Check out the Archive for press releases from previous years.
- Printing away the pandemic - Southern State Community College professor leads 3-D printed PPE coalition
- When Josh Montgomery found himself at home due to the COVID-19 pandemic and suddenly with little to do, the computer science professor from Southern State Community College decided he wanted to make himself useful. With the help of a few dozen volunteers and nearly 100 3-D printers, he has proven himself useful to some of the most important people in the pandemic: healthcare workers.
- Southern State to offer virtual services through spring term
- Although Governor DeWine has not yet made an announcement regarding the continuation of the "Stay at Home" order, after his decision to keep our state's K-12 schools closed through at least May 1, we should anticipate an extension of that order well beyond April 6. As a result, we have decided that all classes will remain remote for the remainder of the spring term and all campuses will remain closed.
- INTENT TO PARTICIPATE DEADLIINE extended to May 1, 2020
- Preparing for college in high school. Local student shares College Credit Plus experience.
- SSCC Board of Trustees March 26 Meeting Canceled
- Due to the "Stay at Home Order" issued Sunday, the Southern State Community College Board of Trustees has canceled their meeting originally scheduled for March 26 and will reschedule at a later date.
- Southern State temporarily moves to virtual services
- After this afternoon's press briefing announcing Ohio's "Stay at Home Order," SSCC President Kevin Boys sent the following message to SSCC staff:
"As we've all come to learn, the nation's and state's response to the COVID-19 virus is constantly evolving. Today, Dr. Acton, the Director of the Ohio Department of Health issued a S"tay at Home Order." We had made earlier plans that would limit campus access to libraries and computer labs, and a few select lab courses, but effective at 11:59 p.m. on Monday March 23, all campuses will be entirely closed through April 6. We will continue to do our best to provide as much continuity as possible for our students, but all of us, with very few exceptions, will be doing that remotely. We simply must stay home."
- SSCC Board of Trustees to meet March 26
- The Southern State Community College Board of Trustees will meet at 9:00 a.m. Thursday, Mar. 26, in the Edward Daniels Auditorium SSCC's Central Campus, 100 Hobart Dr., Hillsboro.
- SSCC Theatre presents 'The Diary of Anne Frank'
- SSCC Theatre presents "The Diary of Anne Frank," playing April 3-5 in the Edward K. Daniels Auditorium on Southern State Community College's Central Campus, 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro. The Friday and Saturday performances begin at 7:30 p.m.; the Sunday matinee begins at 3:30 p.m.
- 'The power of words' Nationwide exhibit, Anne Frank play coming to SSCC
- A national exhibit surrounding the life of Anne Frank will be open to the public at Southern State Community College's Hillsboro campus this March, followed by a production of "Diary of Anne Frank" at the beginning of April.
- SSCC announces honors lists for fall semester
- Southern State Community College has released its President's List and Dean's List for academic excellence for Fall Semester 2019. To be eligible for the President's List, a student must maintain a 4.0 grade point average while carrying a specific number of academic credit hours. Those who achieve the Dean's List are full-time students who have earned at least a 3.5 grade point average out of a possible 4.0.
- SSCC Board of Trustees to meet January 15
- The Southern State Community College Board of Trustees will meet at 12:00 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15, in the Community Room on SSCC's Brown County Campus.
To view press releases before June 2012 or if you have any questions, please contact the Communications Office at email@example.com.