There’s always something exciting to announce at Southern State – cool upcoming events, new academic programs, celebrations of student success. Check out our press releases to local media and keep your thumb on Southern State’s pulse!
Check out the Archive for press releases from previous years.
Search SSCC Press Releases:
- SSCC announces honors lists for summer semester
- Southern State Community College has released its honors lists recognizing academic excellence for Summer Semester 2017. To earn recognition, a student must be enrolled full-time and achieve a high grade point average (GPA). Dean's List honorees have earned at least a 3.5 GPA; President's List honorees have earned a 4.0 GPA.
- SSCC to Host Sim Lab Open House on Sept. 13
- In recognition of National Healthcare Simulation Week, Southern State Community College will host a Sim Lab Open House 1-4 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 13, in Room 183 of the college's Central Campus.
- Auditions for SSCC Theatre's 'Death of a Salesman' August 25
- SSCC Theatre will hold auditions for its fall production of Arthur Miller's "Death of a Salesman." Open to community members and students, auditions will be held 6:30 p.m. Friday, August 25, in the Edward K. Daniels Auditorium on Southern State Community College's Central Campus.
- SSCC moves forward on Adams County campus
- Southern State Community College is moving forward on plans to bring a campus to Adams County. During a July 19 special meeting, the college’s Board of Trustees voted to approve the purchase of land in West Union.
- New partnership expands aviation education in region
- Southern State Community College (SSCC) and Antioch University Midwest (AUM) today announced a new partnership to expand aviation education in the region. This exclusive transfer agreement complements an existing partnership between SSCC and Great Oaks Career Campuses.
- SSCC Theatre presents
‘The Rocky Horror Show’ July 21-23
- SSCC Theatre will present Richard O'Brien's "The Rocky Horror Show" Friday, July 21, at 7:30 p.m.; Saturday, July 22, at both 7:30 p.m. and 12 midnight; and Sunday, July 23, at 3:30 p.m. in the Edward K. Daniels Auditorium on Southern State Community College's Central Campus.
- S.T.E.A.M. Summer Camps at Southern State
- Do you have kids who love science, technology, engineering, arts (design), and mathematics? Check out the S.T.E.A.M. Summer Camps offered in Hillsboro and Wilmington through a partnership between Southern State Community College and Southern Ohio Educational Service Center.
- Kristy Wilkin sworn in as Southern State trustee
- At the May 5 meeting of the Southern State Community College Board of Trustees, Highland County Common Pleas Court Judge Rocky A. Coss presided over the swearing in of Kristy S. Wilkin who was appointed by Gov. Kasich for a term through May 11, 2022.
- Art Show at Fayette Campus on April 13
- A public viewing for the SSCC Fayette Campus Art Show will be held 4-7 p.m. Thursday, April 13, in the Community Center on Southern State Community College’s Fayette Campus.
- SSCC welcomes Canadian folk group on April 26
- Southern State Community College will welcome the Canadian progressive folk group Le Vent du Nord 1 p.m. Wednesday, April 26, in the Edward K. Daniels Auditorium on SSCC’s Central Campus.
- SSCC Theatre presents ‘Waiting for Godot’ April 7-9
- SSCC Theatre will present Samuel Beckett’s “Waiting for Godot” on April 7 and 8 (at 7:30 p.m.) and April 9 (at 3:30 p.m.) in the Edward K. Daniels Auditorium on Southern State Community College’s Central Campus.
- SSCC Board of Trustees to meet March 29 and 30
- The Southern State Community College Board of Trustees will meet beginning 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 29, and reconvening 9 a.m. Thursday, March 30, in the large conference room at the Ohio Association of Community Colleges.
- College Credit Plus process for 2017-18 now underway
- Students intending to participate in College Credit Plus (CCP), the program that provides Ohio students with the opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school, can now begin the notification process for the 2017-18 school year.
- SSCC hosting Open Houses for GED sites
- Interested in earning a GED? Southern State Community College is planning informational Open House events at its GED prep site locations throughout February and March.
- Lynn Stevens sworn in as Southern State trustee
- At the Jan. 25 meeting of the Southern State Community College Board of Trustees, Fayette County Probate Court Judge David B. Bender presided over the swearing in of Lynn S. Stevens of Highland County whose appointment will continue through May 11, 2022.
- Southern State announces new GED site in Manchester
- Southern State Community College announces the opening of a new GED preparation site in Manchester. In February, the college’s Adult Opportunity Center will begin offering its GED prep classes from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at Manchester Education and Activity Center.
To view press releases before June 2012 or if you have any questions, please contact the Director of Public Relations at email@example.com.