There's always something exciting to announce at Southern State – cool upcoming events, new academic programs, celebrations of student success. Check out our press releases to local media and keep your thumb on Southern State's pulse!
Check out the Archive for press releases from previous years.
- SSCC Board of Trustees to meet March 22
- The Southern State Community College Board of Trustees is scheduled to meet at 1:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 22 on SSCC's Hillsboro Campus, Room 348, 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro for their regular Board meeting.
- SSCC Theatre presents 'Moonlight & Magnolias'
- SSCC Theatre presents "Moonlight & Magnolias," playing April 14-16 in the Edward K. Daniels Auditorium on Southern State Community College's Central Campus, 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro. The Friday and Saturday performances begin at 7:30 p.m.; the Sunday matinee begins at 3:30 p.m.
- Southern State's Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society to attend Annual convention in Columbus - SSCC Retired President to be honored
- For more than 100 years, the Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Honor Society has helped millions of high-achieving college students reach their full potential by providing opportunities to develop leadership skills, earn scholarships and explore career paths.
- SSCC Board of Trustees to meet February 27
- The Southern State Community College Board of Trustees' Long-Term Planning/Facilities Committee is scheduled to meet at 2:30 p.m. Monday, February 27 on SSCC's Hillsboro Campus.
- Earn Your Associate Degree in Education through Southern State's Online Pathway
- Southern State Community College now offers a two-year associate degree in education and ALL classes can be taken online. Students enrolling in the program can attend classes from the comfort and convenience of their own homes, all while saving precious dollars on college tuition costs.
- Southern State hosts Winter Cattle Producers Meeting
- Nearly 60 people attended the Winter Cattle Producers meeting held on Feb. 9 at Southern State's Brown Co. Campus in Mt. Orab.
- SSCC scholarship money is available NOW to students majoring in healthcare - APPLY TODAY
- Nursing and allied health students at Southern State Community College could reap the benefits from the myriad scholarship opportunities offered through the SSCC Foundation, a tax-exempt organization founded in 1996.
- Hillsboro students visit Southern State to learn about Engineering Program
- Nearly 100 students from Hillsboro City Schools visited Southern State's Central Campus on January 26 to tour the engineering labs and classroom space, meet the professors, and more.
- Fall Semester scholarship application opens on February 1 at Southern State
- Students enrolled, or planning to enroll, at Southern State Community College for Fall Semester, which begins in August, can benefit from various financial resources to help offset the cost of a college education.
- SSCC Board of Trustees to meet January 11
- The Southern State Community College Board of Trustees is scheduled to meet at 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, January 11 on SSCC's Hillsboro Campus, Room 348, 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro for their regular Board meeting.
- Auditions for SSCC Theatre's "Moonlight and Magnolias" will be January 13 and 14
- SSCC Theatre will hold auditions for the spring production of "Moonlight and Magnolias," by Ron Hutchinson.
- Open to community members and students, auditions will be held at 6:00 p.m. Friday, January 13, and at 10:00 a.m., Saturday, January 14, in the Edward K. Daniels Auditorium on Southern State Community College’s Central Campus, 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro.
- SSCC announces honors lists for the fall semester
- Southern State Community College has released its President's List and Dean's List for academic excellence for Fall Semester 2022. To be eligible for the President's List, a student must maintain a 4.0-grade point average while carrying a specific number of academic credit hours. Those who achieve the Dean's List are full-time students who have earned at least a 3.5-grade point average out of a possible 4.0.
To view press releases before June 2012 or if you have any questions, please contact the Communications Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.