There's always something exciting to announce at Southern State – cool upcoming events, new academic programs, celebrations of student success. Check out our press releases to local media and keep your thumb on Southern State's pulse!
Check out the Archive for press releases from previous years.
- SSCC Theatre announces their 17th Season
- SSCC Theatre is pleased to announce their upcoming 17th, 2022-2023 season, including "Steel Magnolias," playing November 4-6, 2022. "Moonlight and Magnolias" will appear in the spring, playing April 14-16, 2023. Both productions will be presented in the Edward K. Daniels Auditorium on Southern State Community College’s Central Campus, 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro.
- SSCC Board of Trustees to meet May 6
- The Southern State Community College Board of Trustees is scheduled to meet at 4:30 p.m. Friday, May 6 on SSCC's Hillsboro Campus, Room 347, 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro for their regular Board meeting.
- Phi Theta Kappa members attend conference, win awards
- Southern State Community College's Phi Theta Kappa honor society chapter recently visited a national conference in Colorado and picked up a bevy of honors at an awards program, according to the chapter advisor.
- Southern State Community College appoints Dr. Erika Goodwin Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Southern State Community College has announced that Dr. Erika Goodwin has been appointed its next Vice President of Academic Affairs beginning June 1, 2022. She will replace Dr. Nicole Roades who was named the College's 6th President. Goodwin comes to Southern State from Wilmington College where she has had a 27-year career as both a senior staff member, most recently Provost and Chief of Staff, and as a tenured full professor of Sport Sciences and Athletic Training.
- SSCC police academy in Hillsboro
- Southern State Community College announced Monday that its Basic Peace Officer Training Academy has moved from Washington Court House to Hillsboro and classes will begin in August.
- SSCC Board of Trustees to meet March 22
- The Southern State Community College Board of Trustees will meet at 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, Mar. 22, in the large conference room at the Ohio Association of Community Colleges offices, 175 S. Third St., Suite 560, Columbus. The meeting is open to the public.
- SSCC honor society finds success amid challenges
- When the first Covid-19 cases began to appear in Ohio in March 2020, Susan Morris had a choice to make: Let the pandemic choke the life out of Southern State Community College's small Phi Theta Kappa chapter for which she was the advisor, or let it be an opportunity to make something bigger and better.
- SSCC Theatre presents 'I Hate Hamlet'
- SSCC Theatre presents "I Hate Hamlet," playing April 1-3 in the Edward K. Daniels Auditorium on Southern State Community College's Central Campus, 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro. The Friday and Saturday performances begin at 7:30 p.m. and the Sunday matinee begins at 3:30 p.m.
- SSCC announces honors lists for fall semester
- Southern State Community College has released its President's List and Dean's List for academic excellence for Fall Semester 2021. To be eligible for the President's List, a student must maintain a 4.0 grade point average while carrying a specific number of academic credit hours. Those who achieve the Dean's List are full-time students who have earned at least a 3.5 grade point average out of a possible 4.0.
- SSCC Awards NCB Minority Excellence Scholarship to Heidi Calderon
- National Cooperative Bank (NCB) and the Southern State Community College Foundation have announced Heidi Calderon as one of the recipients of the NCB Minority Excellence Scholarship for the 2022 spring semester.
- SSCC Awards Joyce Fender Family Scholarship to Heidi Calderon
- Southern State Community College Foundation have announced Heidi Calderon as the recipient of the Joyce Fender Family Scholarship for the 2022 spring semester.
- SSCC Board of Trustees to meet January 12
- The Southern State Community College Board of Trustees is scheduled to meet at 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, January 12 on SSCC's Hillsboro Campus, Room 347, 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro for their regular Board meeting.
To view press releases before June 2012 or if you have any questions, please contact the Communications Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.