Below is a complete archive of Southern State’s press releases from June 2012 through December 2012.
To view press releases before June 2012 or if you have any questions, please contact the Director of Public Relations at email@example.com.
Search SSCC Press Releases:
SSCC partners with Franklin University to offer bachelor’s degree
- Franklin University and Southern State Community College (SSCC) hosted an event Dec. 6 to officially mark the signing of the co-location agreement between the two institutions which will allow the offering of Franklin classes at SSCC’s Fayette Campus in Washington Court House.
SSCC hosts free "Astronomy is for All" event on Dec. 6
- Want to look at the December sky from an amateur astronomer’s perspective? Join your guide to the skies LaRue Turner 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, in the Learning Resources Center on Southern State Community College’s South Campus.
SSCC Patri-Tots in Hillsboro earns perfect rating
- The Patri-Tots Learning Center at Southern State Community College’s Central Campus in Hillsboro has earned a 100-percent licensing compliance inspection rating with the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.
SSCC welcomes Montpelier archaeologist for Nov. 13 event
- Specializing in American slave sites, archaeologist Matt Reeves, Ph.D., will present "Archaeology at James Madison’s Montpelier: Rediscovering and Restoring the Madison Plantation Landscape" 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 13, in the auditorium on Southern State Community College’s Central Campus.
Info session planned Nov. 9 for new aviation degree
- Does a career in aviation sound like the perfect path for you? Through a new partnership agreement, Southern State Community College and Great Oaks Career Campuses will collaboratively offer an FAA-certified associate’s degree in Engineering: Aviation Maintenance.
SSCC band to perform Nov. 11 Veterans Day concert
- The Southern State Community Band will honor our nation’s veterans with a Veterans Day concert 3:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11, in the Edward K. Daniels Auditorium on Southern State Community College’s Central Campus.
SSCC provides outreach for students juggling work, families
- Are you a college student trying to juggle the demands of work and family? You’re in good company. Approximately 84 percent of the total number of students enrolled in college classes nationwide are adult learners, with families and jobs.
AmeriCorps volunteers mentoring students at Southern State
- Three recent graduates have returned to Southern State Community College this fall to serve as College Completion Coaches dedicated to supporting first-time students who are enrolled in developmental education courses to earn a certificate or degree.
Pell, Hall sworn in as Southern State trustees
- At the Sept. 12 meeting of the Southern State Community College Board of Trustees, Adams County Judge Alan Foster presided over the swearing in of new trustee Mike Pell of Adams County and reappointed trustee Paul Hall of Brown County.
"The Hillsboro Story" – Civil rights drama comes to Southern State
- Susan Banyas will bring a theatrical performance of "The Hillsboro Story" back to its namesake town 7:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 28, in the Edward K. Daniels Auditorium on Southern State Community College’s Central Campus.
U.S. Bank makes donation to SSCC Foundation
- U.S. Bank has been a significant contributor to Southern State, totaling more than $15,000 in donation over the years resulting in numerous scholarships to Southern State students.
SSCC soccer begins 2012 season with a win
- On Aug. 24, the Southern State Patriots men’s soccer team made the five-hour trip to Lansing, Mich., where they defeated Great Lakes Christian College (2011 NCCAA II regional semifinalists) by a score of 4–1.
SSCC Basic Peace Officers complete training
- The cadets of Southern State Community College’s Basic Peace Officers Training Program were recognized at a special ceremony held August 16 at the college’s Fayette Campus in Washington Court House.
SSCC launches new dental, veterinary training programs
- Through a partnership with Boston Reed College, a national education provider, Southern State Community College is now able to provide healthcare training programs that prepare students for job opportunities in the growing allied health industry.
Adams County man appointed as SSCC trustee
- Ohio Gov. John R. Kasich’s office has filled an open seat on the Southern State Community College Board of Trustees with the appointment of Michael P. Pell of West Union in Adams County.
Wells introduced as new SSCC women’s basketball coach
- Matt Wells will take the helm as the new head coach of women’s basketball at Southern State Community College. Wells is a veteran on the court, with coaching credentials at Mt. Orab Junior High, Western Brown High School, Williamsburg High School, Amelia High School and, most recently, as the varsity coach of East Clinton High School.
SSCC Theatre presents "Annie" Aug. 3–5
- SSCC Theatre will present the classic, family–friendly musical "Annie" Aug 3–5 in the Edward K. Daniels Auditorium on Southern State Community College’s Central Campus.
Area college students inducted into PTK honor society
- The membership of one of higher education’s most recognized honor societies, Phi Theta Kappa (PTK), was enhanced by the induction of several new members at a June 15 ceremony on the Central Campus of Southern State Community College.
SSCC Board of Trustees to meet June 8
- The Southern State Community College Board of Trustees will meet 4:30 p.m., Friday, June 8, 2012, in Room 106 of the college’s Central Campus, 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro. The meeting is open to the public.