Explore our short-term training opportunities for courses, trainings and certifications for entry-level employment for in demand careers, certifications for resume and skill enhancement, personal and professional development and CEU (continuing education) opportunities. Short-term trainings can also be the first step in your pathway to higher education and life-long learning. The benefit of these opportunities is not to receive academic credit, but rather to earn a certificate of completion that gives you knowledge for career entry or advancement.
Select a category below and explore what training and certifications we offer!
Fundamental Short-Term Training
Online Career, Professional, & Certification Training
Train Online for In-Demand Jobs
In partnership with ed2go, Southern State Community College offers flexible, self-paced non-credit certificate programs to help you start a new career or advance within your current occupation. Each course is developed by a team of experts and comes with dedicated student advisors to support you as you train for jobs in high demand fields and prepare for nationally recognized certifications. Get industry certified in IT, business, healthcare, legal studies, and more. Upon completing your program with a passing score, you'll receive a certificate of completion from Southern State Community College, and when applicable, a voucher to sit for the certification exam.
Most Popular Programs
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- Certified Medical Admin. Assistant (CMAA)
- Certified Medical Admin. Assistant with Medical Billing and Coding
- Clinical Dental Assistant (Voucher Included)
- CompTIA™ A+ Certification Training
- Human Resources Professional
- HVAC/R Technician
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Optician Certification Training
- Pharmacy Technician
|Truck Driving Academy WeekDAY Class A CDL||1/2/2024||8:00am - 4:30pm||Wilmington or Piketon||J.T. Smith||$5,750||View the Truck Driving Academy webpage for more information and to register.|
|STNA||1/10/2024 - 12/22/2024||View the Calendar||Central Campus,
|Rhonda Grooms||$850||For more information complete the Register to Receive More Information form, view the STNA Brochure, or call Meg Storrs at 800.628.7722 x2640.|
|Truck Driving Academy WeekEND Class A CDL||2/3/2023||8:00am - 4:30pm||Wilmington or Piketon||J.T. Smith||$5,750||View the Truck Driving Academy webpage for more information and to register.|
Check Back Regularly!
Southern State Community College is pleased to announce the launch of a new innovative known as the TechCred Program, which aims to enhance Ohio's skilled workforce by reimbursing employers (that's YOU) who help current or new employees earn industry-recognized, technology-focused credentials. Boosting Ohio's manufacturing talent pool is an important goal of the program. More information about this new program can be found at techcred.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/techcred/home.
Here are some key details that you should know about this program:
- Businesses will identify the specific, technology-centric qualifications they need, as well as the employee(s) they want to upskill.
- To qualify for reimbursement of training costs, the employer must partner with a training provider and apply online. Individuals listed in an employer's application must be Ohio residents with a verifiable Ohio address.
- The state will reimburse up to $2,000 of training costs per credential upon completion. There is a limit of one reimbursement available per employee in each funding round.
- Employers are eligible to receive up to $30,000 per funding round, and businesses of all sizes are eligible, according to the program guidelines.
- Upcoming Application Period: TBD. Contact Amy McClellan at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Ohio Manufacturers' Association was a strong supporter of the provision in Ohio's new two-year budget that appropriated $30 million to support this credentialing program. The state intends to fund 20,000 credentials over the next two years. For questions regarding TechCred, please email TechCred@development.ohio.gov
Southern State offers many types of training and programs, but we can go beyond our standard offerings and completely customize a program to meet your specific needs. Let us know what you need and we can design a non-credit, high-impact, condensed program to help you meet your company goals.
Do you need to improve customer retention? Would you like your staff to become proficient in utilizing all the new features of the latest Microsoft® Word or Excel versions? Would you like to improve general performance in a non-threatening environment? We can help with all of these and much more!
Contact us to learn more!