Are you thinking about attending college but have questions about what you need to do or even where to start? We’re here to help! Stop by to learn about the admission process, financial aid, majors, student life, college success strategies and more.
Connect to College Days will allow Southern State’s tutors, advisors, coaches and career staff to share knowledge and strategies essential to being a successful college student via informational sessions and interactive activites in the following areas:
- Choosing the right career/major – Discover programs that will get you on the right path to your ideal career.
- Getting college ready – Learn about placement testing and what courses you qualify for.
- Staying on top of academic work – Understand how to use a syllabus, campus resources and time effectively.
- Creating an academic plan – Develop a plan with an advisor to complete a degree in a timely manner.
- Avoiding costly mistakes – Learn about sequencing, maximum time frame, starting prerequisites and other financial items.
- Maintaining a high GPA – Discover how to use a GPA calculator to monitor grades and learn when to consider retaking or withdrawing from a course.
- Learning "college speak" – Learn various terms that will help you through your college career.
We’d love the opportunity to get to know you (and for you to get to know us) at any of our Connect to College Days. Simply pick the time and location most convenient for you and we’ll see you there!
Central Campus (Hillsboro)
Friday, October 9, 2015 @ 9am–12pm (check in at 8:30am)
Fayette Campus (Washington CH)
Friday, October 23, 2015 @ 9am–12pm (check in at 8:30am)
Brown County Campus (Mt. Orab)
Friday, October 30, 2015 @ 9am–12pm (check in at 8:30am)
North Campus (Wilmington)
Friday, November 13, 2015 @ 9am–12pm (check in at 8:30am)
Your Day at Southern State
8:30am – Registration
9:00am – Welcome and General Information
9:05am – Keys to College Success
- Academic Readiness
- Applying to Colleges
- Avoiding Costly Mistakes
- Student Resources
9:30am – Start Here to Transfer There
- Associate of Arts and Associate of Science Degree Overview
- Ohio Transfer Module Overview
- Specialization for AA/AS Degrees
- See Transfer display in lobby
9:50-10:25am – Session 1: Respiratory Care and Criminal Justice
10:30-11:05am – Session 2: Computer Science/Cyber Security and Engineering
11:10-11:45am – Session 3: Agriculture and Biotechnology
11:45-12:00pm – Session 4: College Recruiters
- Medical Assisting: Rhonda Davis
- Nursing: Julie Krebs
- HVAC, Aviation, Electromechanical Engineering: Jim Barnett
Agriculture and Biotechnology
- Agriculture: Tom Smith
- Biotechnology: David Garippa
College Transfer Recruiters
- Ohio State University, Wright State University, Northern Kentucky University, Antioch University Midwest, Ohio Christian University, Lindsey Wilson College, Wilmington College
For more information on the event, please contact Shannon Chain at 800.628.7722 x2825 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thinking about attending?
Great! Let us know so we can plan for your visit.
Please email Shannon Chain at email@example.com and include your name, campus/date you would like to attend, how many people are coming with you, and any questions you may have.
We look forward to meeting you!