Are you thinking about attending college but have questions about what you need to do or even where to start? We’re here to help! Stop by to learn about the admission process, financial aid, majors, student life, college success strategies and more.
Connect to College Days will allow Southern State’s tutors, advisors, coaches and career staff to share knowledge and strategies essential to being a successful college student via informational sessions and interactive activites in the following areas:
- Choosing the right career/major – Discover programs that will get you on the right path to your ideal career.
- Getting college ready – Learn about placement testing and what courses you qualify for.
- Staying on top of academic work – Understand how to use a syllabus, campus resources and time effectively.
- Creating an academic plan – Develop a plan with an advisor to complete a degree in a timely manner.
- Avoiding costly mistakes – Learn about sequencing, maximum time frame, starting prerequisites and other financial items.
- Maintaining a high GPA – Discover how to use a GPA calculator to monitor grades and learn when to consider retaking or withdrawing from a course.
- Learning "college speak" – Learn various terms that will help you through your college career.
Your Day at Southern State
8:30am – Registration
9:00am – Welcome and General Information
9:20am – What to Expect (attend one of the following breakout sessions):
- Adult Learner
- High School Student and Parent
9:45am – Career and Major Exploration
10:15am – Visit Displays and Tour Campus
10:30am – College Success 101
11:05am – College Life and Resources
11:30am – Start Here to Go There | Transfer Process
11:55am – Closing
We’d love the opportunity to get to know you (and for you to get to know us) at any of our Connect to College Days. Simply pick the time and location most convenient for you and we’ll see you there!
Brown County Campus (Mt. Orab)
Friday, September 12, 2014 @ 9am–12pm (check in at 8:30am)
Central Campus (Hillsboro)
Friday, October 10, 2014 @ 9am–12pm (check in at 8:30am)
North Campus (Wilmington)
Friday, November 14, 2014 @ 9am–12pm (check in at 8:30am)
Fayette Campus (Washington CH)
Friday, December 12, 2014 @ 9am–12pm (check in at 8:30am)
For more information on the event, please contact Shannon Chain at 800.628.7722 x2825 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thinking about attending?
Great! Let us know so we can plan for your visit.