Scholarship Terms and Conditions:
The mission of Phi Theta Kappa is to recognize academic achievement of college students and to provide opportunities for them to grow as scholars and leaders.
10 scholarships awarded - $500 each to cover tuition, books and fees contributing towards program completion at SSCC. Renewable x1 academic year, not transferrable upon graduation.
- Current SSCC student and PTK Member
- Active engagement in the Alpha Omicron Eta chapter
- Contributes to personal and chapter growth in at least one of the PTK Hallmark Pillars of Scholarship, Leadership, Service, and or Fellowship.
- Submission of a 250 word essay describing one of the following PTK Hallmark Pillars and how you would like to develop personally and contribute to chapter achievement in this area. Please attach your essay to the paper application or submit it via the online field.
- Scholarship is the first Hallmark of Phi Theta Kappa. Phi Theta Kappa celebrates and promotes academic excellence and this is its core mission.
- Leadership is the second Hallmark of Phi Theta Kappa. Phi Theta Kappa offers many opportunities for members to develop leadership skills.
- Service is the third Hallmark of Phi Theta Kappa. Performing service in the college or community helps members develop leadership skills and makes their college or community a better place.
- Fellowship is the fourth Hallmark of Phi Theta Kappa. Fellowship helps the other three Hallmarks function more smoothly.
For a printer-friendly version of the form, please use this PTK Member Scholarship Print Application.