There’s always something exciting to announce at Southern State—cool upcoming events, new academic programs, celebrations of student success. Check out our press releases to local media and keep your thumb on Southern State’s pulse!
Check out the Archive for press releases from previous years.
- SSCC Board of Trustees to meet November 12
- The Southern State Community College Board of Trustees will meet 11 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 12, in the Community Center on the college’s Fayette Campus.
- SSCC Board of Trustees to meet October 8 and 23
- The Southern State Community College Board of Trustees will meet 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 8, in Room 106 on the college’s Central Campus.
- SSCC Board of Trustees to meet September 10
- The Southern State Community College Board of Trustees will meet 12 noon Wednesday, Sept. 10, in Room 184 of the college’s Central Campus.
- SSCC announces honors lists for spring semester
- Southern State Community College has released its president’s and dean’s list for academic excellence for Spring Semester 2014.
- SSCC Board of Trustees to meet June 11
- The Southern State Community College Board of Trustees will meet 12 noon Wednesday, June 11, on the college’s Fayette Campus.
- SSCC students named to All-Ohio Academic Team
- Sixty of the highest achieving community-college students from around Ohio were honored Wednesday, April 30, as part of the All-Ohio Academic Team Awards. Seven students from Southern State Community College were included in the honors.
- Chancellor meets with Southern State students
- John Carey, Ohio Board of Regents Chancellor, visited the Fayette Campus of Southern State Community College Monday to meet with students and discuss the new community college funding formula that is currently in the Ohio legislature.
- SSCC Theatre presents "Almost, Maine" April 4-6
- SSCC Theatre proudly presents John Cariani’s "Almost, Maine," playing April 4-6 in the Edward K. Daniels Auditorium on Southern State Community College’s Central Campus, 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro.
- SSCC hosts ‘A Journey to Radical Change’ on Feb. 20
- Author and motivational speaker Sam Bracken will present "A Journey to Radical Change" 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 20, on the Central Campus of Southern State Community College.
- 41 complete Southern State’s nursing programs
- Forty-one nursing students were honored during a special recognition ceremony held Dec. 12 on the college’s Central Campus in Hillsboro.
To view press releases before June 2012 or if you have any questions, please contact the Director of Public Relations at email@example.com.