There’s always something exciting to announce at Southern State—cool upcoming events, new academic programs, celebrations of student success. Check out our press releases to local media and keep your thumb on Southern State’s pulse!
Check out the Archive for press releases from previous years.
Search SSCC Press Releases:
- Something new for SSCC Theatre’s 13th season
- SSCC Theatre’s 13th season brings something completely different to the table. This year, the fall production will consist of a totally female cast, while the spring production will be all male. Come summer 2017, the sexes once again join forces for a wild and romping musical.
- Boedeker reappointed to SSCC Board of Trustees
- Gov. John Kasich has announced the reappointment of Doug Boedeker to the Southern State Community College Board of Trustees. Boedeker, of Washington Court House, was selected to serve a second six-year term, ending May 11, 2022.
- SSCC’s Engineering Co-ops pair students with businesses
- Southern State Community College’s new co-op tracks in Computer Assisted Design (CAD), Electrical/Electronics Technology and Electro-Mechanical Engineering pair students with local business partners in an alternating rotation of learning and working.
- SSCC Band to hold April 24 concert in Hillsboro
- The Southern State Community Band will present its annual Spring Concert 3 p.m. Sunday, April 24, in the Edward K. Daniels Auditorium on Southern State Community College’s Central Campus.
- SSCC Fayette to host community art show
- The annual National Library Week Art Show will be held 6-8 p.m. Thursday, April 14, in the Community Room on Southern State Community College’s Fayette Campus.
- SSCC welcomes Mediterranean folk band April 6
- Southern State Community College will welcome Mediterranean folk band Baladino at 1 p.m. Wednesday, April 6, in the Edward K. Daniels Auditorium on SSCC’s Central Campus, 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro. The concert is free and open to the public.
- SSCC to host Alternatives to Violence event March 15
- Southern State Community College will host a special presentation on “Rape Culture & Rape Myth” by Chanda Valentine, an Alternatives to Violence speaker, from 6:30-8 p.m. Tuesday, March 15, in the Edward K. Daniels Auditorium on SSCC’s Central Campus.
- SSCC Board of Trustees to meet March 17-18
- The Southern State Community College Board of Trustees will meet 3:30 p.m. Thursday, March 17, and 9 a.m. Friday, March 18, at the offices of Ohio Association of
- SSCC earns continued accreditation
- Southern State Community College has earned continued accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), the organization tasked with accreditation responsibilities for post-secondary institutions in the central United States.
- SSCC events address sexual violence and harassment
- As part of the Campus SaVE (Sexual Violence Elimination) Act, Southern State Community College will present the documentary “It Was Rape” at all four campuses, followed by a question-and-answer session with counselors.
- Sarbach awarded SSCC’s Debbie Ewing Memorial Scholarship
- Southern State Community College student Shana Sarbach was named the first recipient of the newly established Debbie Ewing Memorial Scholarship during the recent graduation ceremony for the college’s respiratory care program.
- SSCC Respiratory Care celebrates graduation
- Southern State Community College’s ninth graduating class in the respiratory care program was honored during a Dec. 12 ceremony on the college’s Fayette Campus in
Washington Court House.
- SSCC Theatre holding Jan.15 auditions for "The Great Gatsby"
- SSCC Theatre is pleased to announce upcoming auditions for the spring production of "The Great Gatsby." Open to community members and students, auditions will be held 6:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 15, in the Edward K. Daniels Auditorium on Southern State Community College’s Central Campus, 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro.
To view press releases before June 2012 or if you have any questions, please contact the Director of Public Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.