There’s always something exciting to announce at Southern State—cool upcoming events, new academic programs, celebrations of student success. Check out our press releases to local media and keep your thumb on Southern State’s pulse!
Check out the Archive for press releases from previous years.
Search SSCC Press Releases:
- SSCC Theatre holding Aug. 28 auditions for “Becky’s New Car”
- SSCC Theatre is pleased to announce upcoming auditions for the fall production of “Becky’s New Car.” Open to community members and students, auditions will be held 6:30 p.m. Friday, August 28, in the Edward K. Daniels Auditorium on Southern State Community College’s Central Campus, 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro
- SSCC Basic Peace Officers complete training
- The cadets of Southern State Community College’s Basic Peace Officers Training Program were recognized at a special ceremony held August 13 at the college’s Fayette Campus in Washington Court House.
- Engineering Co-Op now offered at Southern State
- The Southern State Community College Board of Trustees will meet 6 p.m. Wednesday, August 19, in the Community Room on the college’s Brown County Campus, 351 Brooks Malott Road, Mt. Orab.
- SSCC’s Phi Theta Kappa chapter wins completion award
- Southern State Community College’s local chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, the international honor society for two-year colleges, has been recognized regionally for highest profile completion on PTK’s scholarship website.
- Upcoming info sessions for SSCC programs
- Southern State Community College is hosting informational sessions for several of its technical programs which are offered at both campus and offsite locations. The info sessions are being held at the locations where those programs are offered. Fall semester classes begin Aug. 24 and registration is now underway.
- Southern State announces new GED site in West Union
- Southern State Community College announces the opening of a new GED preparation
site in West Union. Beginning in August, the college’s Adult Opportunity Center will offer its
GED prep classes from 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 5:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at the West
Union Church of Christ on 270 Lloyd Road (across from the high school).
- SSCC Theatre presents “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee” July 24-26
- SSCC Theatre will present “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee,” at 7:30 p.m. on both Friday, July 24, and Saturday, July 25, and a family-friendly lite version at 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, July 26, in the Edward K. Daniels Auditorium on the Central Campus of Southern State Community College, 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro.
- SSCC awards Hillsboro Elks Scholarship to Maverick Ward
- Southern State Community College is proud to announce the recipient of the Hillsboro
Elks Scholarship for 2015. The SSCC Foundation and the Hillsboro Elks presented the award to Maverick Ward, a 2015 graduate of Hillsboro High School.
- SSCC instructor wins state nursing educator award
- A nursing instructor with Southern State Community College has been awarded the Excellence in Practical Nursing Education Award from the Ohio Organization of Practical Nurse Educators (OOPNE) at the state conference in March.
- Dr. Randall to deliver SSCC commencement address
- Southern State Community College is pleased to announce Thomas Randall, M.D., has been selected to deliver the commencement address for the college’s 40th graduating class. Commencement will begin 7 p.m. Friday, May 8, in The Patriot Center on Central Campus, 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro.
- De Bruin, Prickett, Rudduck sworn in as SSCC trustees
- At the March 18 meeting of the Southern State Community College Board of Trustees, Clinton County Common Pleas Court Judge Tim Rudduck presided over the swearing in of Brian De Bruin, Brian Prickett, and Kyle Rudduck, whose appointments fill the final vacancies on the college’s board.
- SSCC Respiratory Care celebrates graduation
- Southern State Community College’s ninth graduating class in the respiratory care program was honored during a recent ceremony on the college’s Fayette Campus in Hillsboro.
- SSCC campus in Mt. Orab to host college visit day Jan. 23
- Are you thinking about attending college but have questions about how to get started? Then your very first step is attending Southern State Community College’s "Connect to College" visitation day Friday, Jan. 23, at SSCC’s Brown County Campus, 351 Brooks Malott Road, Mt. Orab.
- SSCC Basic Peace Officers complete training
- The cadets of Southern State Community College’s Basic Peace Officers Training Program were recognized at a special ceremony held December 16 at the college’s Fayette Campus in Washington Court House.
To view press releases before June 2012 or if you have any questions, please contact the Director of Public Relations at email@example.com.