Southern State offers a variety of technical and transfer programs that emphasize real-world skills. We continually review curriculum to align our academic offerings with workforce demand and have recently expanded programs to keep pace in the ever-changing fields of health, human and social services, computing, engineering, business and many more.
What type of program are you interested in?
- Associate degrees offer a strong foundation in a subject and can usually be completed in two years.
- Certificate programs are great to learn a specific skill through and can usually be complete in one year.
- Some of our degrees and certificate programs can be completed entirely online.
- Partnership degrees are offered through other colleges or universities but completed at Southern State.
- Continuing education courses are great for polishing or learning new skills.
- The Basic Peace Officer Training Academy is a six month program that provides quality law enforcement training.
- The Private Security Basic Training Academy is a 16 week program that provides entry-level security training.
- The Truck Driving Academy provides hands-on training and can be completed in four weeks.
- The Enterprise Center offers support to small businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Workforce Development provides career training for individuals and businesses.
- The Adult Opportunity Center provides college preparation for those who need extra assistance.
- The Adult Opportunity Center provides GED preparation and testing.