Veteran Benefits

Southern State is an attractive option for veterans and their families because of its affordability, program options, convenience and flexible scheduling.

If you are a veteran or a dependent of a veteran, you may qualify for educational benefits. Financial assistance for college may also be available if you have served in the military, Selected Reserve or National Guard.

Step 1 – Apply for GI Bill Benefits Online

For veterans or dependents using education benefits for the first time, apply online at:

Step 2 – Contact our Veterans Affairs Representative

Contact Southern State’s Veterans Affairs Representative at 800.628.7722 x2615 to complete the following form:

The Veterans Affairs Representative will also be able to help veterans and dependents who have previously used their benefits and are either transferring to Southern State or changing their program.

Additional Resources

For veteran and service member support, please contact Mr. Robert Hixson at or at 937.393.3431 x2845