Am I eligible to participate?
If you are a student in grades 7-12, you can apply for College Credit Plus admission to a public or participating private college. The college will admit you based upon meeting the statewide eligibility criteria as seen below:
3333-1-65.14 Student Eligibility Requirements
As used in this rule, "relevant high school course" means a high school course that provides the appropriate academic foundation or career-technical education skills for the college course in which the student intends to enroll, as determined by the applicable institution of higher education. This rule amplifies ORC Section 3365.03
- A) Criteria for student eligibility
- 1) A student is eligible for the College Credit Plus program if the student meets any of the following criteria:
- a) Obtains a remediation-free score on one of the standard assessment exams as set forth in division (D)(2) of section 3333-1-65.3 of the Ohio Administrative Code; or
- b) Has a cumulative unweighted high school grade point average of at least 3.00; or
- c) Has a cumulative unweighted high school grade point average of at least 2.75 but less than 3.00 and received an "A" or "B" grade in a relevant high school course.
- 2) If a student is seeking to participate under section 3365.033 of the Revised Code and a cumulative unweighted high school grade point average is not available to determine eligibility under division (A)(1)(b) or (c) of this rule, the student is eligible if the student has received an "A" or "B" grade in a relevant high school course.
- B) If a student's grade point average is calculated beyond the hundredths decimal point, the grade point is rounded to the hundredths decimal point for the purpose of determining the student's eligibility to participate in the College Credit Plus program under this rule.
*Should a student not meet any of the above requirements but falls within the 2.75 to 2.99 GPA range and wishes to participate in the CCP program to take a specific course, Southern State will evaluate said student and relevant high school courses on a case by case basis for eligibility purposes. In this scenario, students must take the placement assessment or submit the appropriate ACT/SAT scores prior to Southern State evaluating.
Your guidance counselor can help you understand your options, deadlines, and how to proceed. You may not participate in College Credit Plus beyond your anticipated high school graduation date.
Southern State Community College will accept any of the state approved assessment exams and scores for eligibility into the SSCC/CCP program. Students must provide appropriate documentation to verify exam scores from other institutions. Please note: Students may repeat the assessment only once per academic year, please refer to Placement Retesting Policy. Students who have been admitted to the CCP program must meet prerequisites for each course they wish to take.
Students must reflect a level of personal and social maturity which would make it possible for the student to adapt to a college level environment.
The subject matter of a course enrolled in under the college credit plus program may include mature subject matter or materials, including those of a graphic, explicit, violent, or sexual nature, that will not be modified based upon college credit plus enrollee participation regardless of where course instruction occurs.