Please note that some academic programs at Southern State require high school graduation or completion of the GED and may exclude entrance under CCP. In most cases, though, admission is based on the high school grade of the applicant.
Summer Semester deadline: May 7; Fall Semester deadline: August 6; Spring Semester deadline: December 17.
How do I get started?
- You, along with your parent or guardian, should attend the College Credit Plus (CCP) Information Night provided by your school.
- Work with your guidance counselor to complete the College Credit Plus Application for Admission and submit it, along with your High School Transcript, or Grade Report and state approved test scores (if applicable), to SSCC's Office of Admission.
- Once you have applied, SSCC's Office of Admission will send you a letter and State Mandated Permission Slip that must be completed and scanned to email@example.com, faxed to 937-393-6682, or mailed to Southern State Community College, 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro, OH 45133. The letter will also have information on how to schedule the Placement Assessment.
- Two weeks after your assessment, you will be notified by mail of your acceptance or denial into the program. If accepted, you will receive a State Mandated Student Questionnaire that must be completed and scanned to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 937-393-6682, or mailed to Southern State Community College, 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro, OH 45133.
- After being accepted into the CCP program at SSCC, if students plan to take courses on SSCC campus, students must schedule an appointment to meet with a designated CCP advisor. Please note, students MUST complete the State Mandated Permission Slip and Student Questionnaire in order to register for classes. Failure to do so will delay the registration process.
The subject matter of a course enrolled in under the college credit plus program may include mature subject matter or materials, including those of a graphic, explicit, violent, or sexual nature, that will not be modified based upon college credit plus enrollee participation regardless of where course instruction occurs.
For more information on the State Mandated Permission Slip and Student Questionnaire please view the Questions & Answers document.