A college degree doesn't always guarantee you'll have the soft skills employers expect. That's where Phi Theta Kappa's Five Star Competitive Edge can help! No matter the path you're on, YOU NEED SOFT SKILLS TO SUCCEED!
Communication, critical thinking, interpersonal skills, professional etiquette - these are important traits to master no matter what career you've chosen. They are waiting for you at GetAnEdge.ptk.org
Soft skills don't have to be hard
The Five Star Competitive Edge is Phi Theta Kappa's exclusive online professional development plan designed just for you to practice and strengthen your soft skills.
The activities, readings and videos of our self-paced course allow you to strengthen key areas that will give you a competitive edge in achieving your personal and professional goals.
Take it to the next level
While gaining skills you'll need for success in college and the workplace, you'll also distinguish yourself as a Five Star Member of Phi Theta Kappa. Instead of only listing P"hi Theta Kappa Member" on your resume, your designation as a Five Star Member shows hiring managers, scholarship judges and admissions officers that you took the initiative to improve your marketable skills as a scholar and a leader.
Five Star Members will:
- Create a Career Development Plan identifying steps necessary to make their dream career a reality
- Compile a scholarship and/or job resume to use immediately for scholarship applications and/or job interviews
- Use critical thinking skills to develop an Honors Case Study
- Examine their leadership style and emotional intelligence
- Learn tips to better collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds
- Polish their professional etiquette skills
- Have access to an ever-growing Professional Development Video Library