Employee Tuition Benefit (Tuition Fee Waiver)
The Employee Tuition Benefit or Tuition Fee Waiver program is for college courses taken at any Southern State Community College location (Hillsboro or Mt. Orab).
- Full-time employees and their spouse.
- Retired full-time employees and their spouse.
- Their children, stepchildren and grandchildren under the age of twenty-four (24).
- Surviving spouses and surviving children, stepchildren and grandchildren under the age of twenty-four (24).
Part-time employees who are employed with the College and have worked 1040 hours are eligible for tuition fee waiver to attend Southern State Community College. (Student workers and dependents of part-time employees are ineligible.)
- Current employees may enroll if it does not conflict with their normal working hours.
- Recipients are responsible for paying any additional fee(s) beyond tuition.
Contingent faculty members and their spouses may attend classes at the College without payment of tuition under the conditions below. Contingent faculty members' children under the age of twenty-four (24) may attend classes at the College without payment of tuition under the following conditions:
- Contingent faculty members have taught a minimum of 40 credit hours.
- Contingent faculty members have taught at least one semester or a minimum of six credit hours in the previous academic year.
- Contingent faculty members are in good standing with the College and are eligible to be hired to teach classes in future academic terms.
- Contingent faculty members may enroll if it does not conflict with their normal working hours or with their ability to perform their duties at the College.
- Contingent faculty members, their spouses and children are responsible for paying the course fee charged to the College by the provider of non-credit or online distance courses. The usual College mark-up will not be charged. Contingent faculty members, their spouses and children will be responsible for paying any course fees.
- Should at any point contingent faculty members fail to continue to meet these criteria all educational benefits will cease until such time the criteria are once again met.
How to Apply
If you (or a qualified family member) are interested in utilizing the Employee Tuition Benefit program for classes taken at a Southern State Community College location you will need to complete the Application below.
Return the completed form to the Payroll Office for processing.